John M. Halan
John Halan is a Shareholder at Brooks Kushman and focuses his practice in high-stakes intellectual property litigation. He represents clients in patent, trade secret, and related commercial litigation. He has tried many cases as lead or team trial counsel and has also successfully argued cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Since the adoption of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act, a large portion of John’s practice includes post-grant proceedings. He works closely with clients on navigating these challenges and strategically using them in District Court litigation.
Tel (248) 226-2735
- J.D., Wayne State University, Law Review
- B.S., Engineering, Michigan State University
State Bar Licenses:
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Intellectual Property Owner’s Association, e-Discovery Committee
- Lawrence Technological University, Advisory Board Member, 2008 – Present
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association