Kristin L. Murphy
Kristin’s practice spans across all aspects of intellectual property. She represents clients in the management of patent and trademark portfolios as well as patent litigation matters. She serves as IP counsel for a variety of international clients, including automotive, medical device, outdoor equipment, consumer products and clothing.
Her practice also includes freedom-to-operate opinions, intellectual property valuations/due diligence and drafting and negotiation license agreements relating to technology and intellectual property. She also has developed an expertise in administrative contested matters, such as oppositions and cancellation practice before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and Inter Partes Review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Tel (248) 226-2921
- J.D., Masters of Intellectual Property; University of New Hampshire
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Western New England University
State Bar Licenses:
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Inforum, inGage Advisory Council
- Michigan Intellectual Property Inn of Court 2012 – present
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association, Board of Managers
- State Bar of Michigan, Intellectual Property Section Council Member 2011-2017
- Western New England University, Board of Trustees
- Women’s Bar Association of Oakland County