Michael D. Turner
Michael’s practice focuses on domestic and foreign patent prosecution in the mechanical, electromechanical and computer arts. He is also the Chair of the firm’s design patent practice. Michael works with several multi-national corporations on the development and management of patent portfolios, specializing in the automotive, building products, and consumer goods industries.
Michael is actively involved in post-grant proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, representing both patent owners and petitioners. Michael represents clients in Inter Partes Review proceedings, and reexaminations. Such involvement includes coordinating strategies across post-grant proceedings, co-pending litigation, product engineering, licensing, and patent prosecution. Michael is active in appellate practice and oral advocacy before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Tel (248) 226-2825
- J.D., Wayne State University Law School
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Management Minor, GMI Engineering and Management Institute
State Bar Licenses:
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, U.S. Post-Grant Patent Office Practice Committee
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Society of Automotive Engineers