Michael N. MacCallum
Michael MacCallum is a registered patent attorney and focuses his practice primarily on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications. He works with clients ranging from Fortune 500 Corporations to smaller start-ups with products in the mechanical and electromechanical arts. Michael also has extensive experience in invalidity and clearance opinions. He has written and prosecuted design and utility patents for clients in industries such as automotive, construction, consumer products, manufacturing and sporting goods.
Michael also has experience with appealing applications with the Patent Trials and Appeals Board. His experience includes a vast array of powertrain components, including those within hybrid electric vehicles. Michael has successfully worked to obtain multiple institutions of Inter Partes Review proceedings on behalf of his clients.
Tel (248) 226-2934
- J.D., Wayne State University Law School, cum laude
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University
State Bar Licenses:
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, U.S. Patent Office Practice Committee
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association
- Wayne State University Law School Patent Procurement Clinic, Adjunct Professor